|Written by RED Movement|
|Thursday, 06 June 2013 21:39|
1. This rebellion is the first and unique example of Turkey’s history. Oppressive state mechanism became impotent in front of the millions rebelled. People understood what they can do when they are united. A new era opened for Turkey from now on.
2. The conditions given to the government by Taksim Platform, which we are part of, are primary conditions. (The plan of rebuilding the counterrevolutionary symbol Artillery Building will be removed. All the officials that gave attack order against people will be dismissed. Mass torture instruments like tear gas bomb will be banned. All arrested people will be released. İstanbul-Taksim, Ankara-Kizilay and the other big squares of all cities will be open to people’s demonstrations. Oppressive and reactionary government’s measures that intervene in people’s life style will end.) Unless those conditions are fulfilled, we will not leave Taksim Square. We will not end demonstrations in any city.
3. The last statement of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan shows that the government does not accept our conditions. Our resistance dispatched the police forces from Taksim Square but they are attacking people in many regions of Istanbul and other cities. So, our resistance and fight will continue.
4. Our resistance is mainly unorganised and spontaneous. Before the process getting weaker, we have to unify all struggles that spread all over the country. Against the state’s attacks, we have to construct a mass organization that will fulfil the need of self-defence of the mass movement and follow the demands of the rebellion. Revolutionary forces that occupied Taksim Square should organize themselves as a front and spread the organization all over the country.
5. Barricades are built and become a reality of our society. By their strike, public workers joined the rebellion that started as an anger explosion. Revolutionary Workers Trade Union Confederation also supports the resistance. The leadership of the biggest trade union confederation, Turk-Is, at last, five days after the rebellion, published a statement that contains some criticism against government but that avoided giving support to rebellion. Pro-government Turk-Is leadership should be overthrown. The grass-root workers of Turk-Is should force their trade unions to join the resistance and go on strike. All the labour associations and their leaderships should be unmasked; bureaucrats and collaborators of capitalists should be overthrown. Barricades should unify with a general strike. We can win the conditions that Taksim Platform declared to government by unifying barricades and strikes.
6. We have to organize ourselves! Workers! Youth! Poor people! Join to your revolutionary and internationalist comrades who were at the front of the resistance! Let’s raise our fight shoulder to shoulder!
BARRICADE! STRIKE! REVOLUTION!